Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Our Oasis


For the past 2 weeks and for the next 2 we are enjoying the hospitality of the Stone's at their home in a country club in Florida not far from the beach. It is a strange and welcome oasis between our past and future. Their peaceful home and good company allows us the time to sit and do nothing, to read, to pray, to meditate, to let go, and to prepare our bodies souls and minds.

They are spoiling us. And they get so much joy from giving. I think it's their hobby--or maybe even their profession. It's easy for me to accept good gifts--a credit to my parents and God having always given them to me. The only thing that inhibits me is the fear (or pride) that they will think I take advantage of their generosity, or not know how deeply I am grateful. And with people as generous as these two there simply aren't words...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.